Subject: techwr-l -at- listserv -dot- okstate -dot- edu
From: Will Cass <W -dot- Cass -at- ELSEVIER -dot- NL>
Date: Wed, 13 May 1998 09:38:37 +0200

If it's a meeting that you're attending anyway and you're making notes for
yourself, I don't see a problem. However, if you would not not normally
attend the meeting, then it's not (necessarily) a desirable overhead nor a
sensible use of your resource. OTOH, if you were to gain useful information
from it ...

I usually start from the premise "That makes me a very expensive secretary,
what do you think?" and go from there. It's a swings and roundabouts
situation but easy to get caught once the precedent has been made.

Will Cass
Sr Tech Writer
Elsevier Science
Amsterdam