Re: Interview Questions

Subject: Re: Interview Questions
From: Heather Searl <SearlHL -at- SCIEX -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 13 May 1998 10:25:46 -0400

I think one of the most important questions I ask when interviewing tech
writers is "Do you have any questions?" or "Is there anything you would
like to know?" Not very interesting or original questions, but I learn a
lot about what motivates the person, how well they interview others and
if they can get the information they want and need. I figure that
someone who can do a good job of interviewing me in a stressful job
interview, is probably going to be able to handle interviewing SMEs in
most situations.

So the worst answer is "No." and the best answer is a few well thought
out, articulate questions that are meant to get the information the
interviewee wants or needs while still being considerate of my time.

Oh, and by the way, I am still looking to hire tech writers. I posted
the job description on this list a few weeks ago, so I don't want to do
it again, but if you e-mail me directly I'll send you the information.
And hey, now you know at least one key thing I'm looking for... :-)

Heather

Heather Searl
Technical Writing Group Leader
MDS Sciex