Re: Style Guide (was #$ -at- % secretary stuff and the grammar guru)

Subject: Re: Style Guide (was #$ -at- % secretary stuff and the grammar guru)
From: Heidi Martin <hmartin -at- MICRON -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 13 May 1998 11:01:32 -0600

Speaking of acting as the company's grammar guru: the Tech Comm and
MarCom depts. at my company are just starting to put together a
corporate style guide. I'd like to pick your voluminous brains on a few
questions related to the creation and use of style guides:

1) If your company has a style guide, do people use it (i.e., follow
the guidelines contained in it)?

2) How do you make it known within the company that a style guide is
available, and, more importantly, how do you get them to use it?

3) Are there any style guides you would recommend we look at as we
begin this venture (either good or bad examples)? (FYI, we are in the
electronics industry.)

You can reply to me directly and I will compile the responses for the
list.

TIA,

Heidi Martin [Insert Standard Disclaimer Here] :~)
Tech Comm
MCMS