Re: #$ -at- % secretary stuff and the Grammar Guru

Subject: Re: #$ -at- % secretary stuff and the Grammar Guru
From: John Posada <john -at- TDANDW -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 13 May 1998 14:15:44 -0400

> And yes, I could make a whole lot more as a contractor. In fact, I
> turned down a contract position that would have paid me nearly twice
> what I'm making now in order to take this position with my current
> employer. However, I don't like paying for my own health insurance,

You ARE paying for your own insurance...why do you think you are earning
half of what the contractors are making. Through my agency, I'm paying about
$220 per month pretax for health insurance. Are you making ONLY $220.00 less
than the contractor? Mine is payed with the first 5 hours of OT in the first
week of the month. Do you even GET OT?

> disability insurance, life insurance, etc. (uh-oh, that naughty Latin
> word again!). I also like being able to sock away a lot of pre-tax $$$
> into a 401K, and get stock options too!

I also have an employee-contributed 401(k) with name-brand mutual funds
(American Century, Fidelity Magellen, and Dreyfus.)

OK, I don't have stock option.. am buying the stock on my own..but I don't
have to be vested to take it out, either.

Don't get me wrong...I'm not trying to play "my daddy can beat up your
daddy", it's just that when I see people accepting the premise of making
less money so that they can pay more for things, I get confused.

John Posada