Technical Writing Course Online

Subject: Technical Writing Course Online
From: Judith Rosenberg <com427 -at- CLC -dot- CC -dot- IL -dot- US>
Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 14:30:17 CST

Hello Folks!
I will be teaching an undergraduate technical writing course online
in Fall 1998. I have been teaching this class in a regular classroom
for many years, but this will be my first time teaching over the Web.
I have developed the course, and am about 50% done, but I think I
would like to tap the minds of my colleagues out there. Any tips,
warnings, or comments will be welcome. Please respond offline.

If you have taken an online course or taught one, in any subject or
in this field, I would love to know what worked well, what didn't,
etc. Also, if you have any stellar examples of good online course
websites to share, that would be helpful.
The course will use a web site, an electronic conference/listserv
using a package called webboard, email, a textbook, etc.
Thanks for your input.
Judy Rosenberg
jrosenb -at- clc -dot- cc -dot- il -dot- us

Dr. Judy Rosenberg
College of Lake County
Grayslake, IL 60030
JROSENB -at- clc -dot- cc -dot- il -dot- us