Re: Version Control Management for Extranet

Subject: Re: Version Control Management for Extranet
From: Dave Hollenbeck <dhollenbeck -at- DIEHLGRAPHSOFT -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 15 May 1998 12:38:53 -0400

>If you have stories of how your company handles version control, suggested
>software programs, or resources, please email me!
> Carol Anne Wall
>Marketing Systems Analyst
>Minnesota Mutual Life - Individual Business Technology

I suggest Revision Master for anyone that needs help with document control due
to the high volume of documents techwriters handle daily. Please check out the
website and e-mail me if you have questions. 1.0 is available now and 2.0 is
currently in beta.

Managing Your Documents

Whether you writing a book or creating a web site, Revision Master can track all
of your Windows 95 or Windows NT supported files and their support files.
Really, all of your files and no messy conversions. This includes .doc, .pdf, .fm,
.gif, .html, and any other file that your Windows 95 or Window NT system
recognizes. Revision Master is a new document management system that was
designed specifically to manage documents simply and affordably. It can be used
by individuals, small workgroups, or large corporations. It is very easy to use and
looks and acts similar to your Windows Explorer file manager. It costs only $99
dollars per license and requires no dedicated server or administrator. Download an evaluation from www.diehlgraphsoft.com and see how Revision Master can solve
your file management nightmares.

Revision Master provides you all the basic features of document control to include:

Version Tracking
Revision Master assigns version numbers to each file every time you check it in.
The Properties window shows you immediate information on the file's current
version and history.

Check Out/Check In
When you have a file checked out, no one else can modify it. You can comment
when you check a file out on what you are going to change and comment on what
you actually changed when you check the file back in.

Labeling
You can create a virtual document by assigning a label to a group of files of
various versions. You can the treat the files as group when performing functions
such as get (read-only) and check out.

Archive
Backup libraries once the document is delivered and store them for later use.

Rollback
Return to a prior version of a document deleting any versions above it that you
don't need. You can always use any file you like but rollback deletes ones you
deem unnecessary.

Histories
View detailed history reports on libraries, groups of files and individual files
and export those reports to your favorite programs.