Re: Interview Questions

Subject: Re: Interview Questions
From: Andrea Ridgley <ridgley -at- OMTOOL -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 15 May 1998 13:41:46 -0400

Whether or not to include "other interests" on a resume, IMHO, depends
upon the job and interviewer. For example, my husband included in his
resume (for a government position) that he was Capt. of the high school
wrestling team, and that he was an Eagle Scout. The government received
over 300 applications for this position. He got an interview only
because he mentioned these two activities. He got the job! They were
looking for someone with leadership skills, accomplishments, and
determination (because it takes years to achieve the rank of Eagle
Scout).