Re: Interviews/Resumes - Outside Interests

Subject: Re: Interviews/Resumes - Outside Interests
From: Sandra McDonnell <sandy -at- MCCABE -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 15 May 1998 14:19:59 -0700

Marilyn Baldwin (mlbb -at- capgroup -dot- com) wrote:

> I agree absolutely with Bob Morrisette's response to Barbara
> Philbrick.
> Outside Interests, Community Involvement, Organizational Memberships,
> Hobbies, and Military Experience have NO PLACE on a resume.

Marilyn, one of these things is not like the others. Military Experience
IS job experience. My husband has been in the Army for 12 years. He's
gained all his qualification and job related skills there and has held
numerous positions. yes, it has to be translated into the context of
skills, responsibility, experience gained, but it certainly does have a
place on a resume. His gained him a civilian job that is currently
willing to wait for him to get discharged from the military.

sandy