Documentation cycle

Subject: Documentation cycle
From: Cassandra Lidgerding <clidgerding -at- PREMIS -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 11:53:20 -0500

Hello,
I've search the archives, but couldn't find any posts that addressed what a
documentation cycle should be or what documentation cycles are really like
in different companies.

I'm new to the corporate world (graduated 1997) and have been working at my
first "experience" job for the last year. I find myself working under
incredible deadlines (for example, all the online help for a product in two
weeks) and I'm wondering if this is typical for software? Should I
specialize in another area (not software) if I expect a decent amount of
time to complete my documentation?

What is an ideal documentation cycle and what are the documentation cycles
like at your companies? I appreciate any advice you can give me.

Thanx!

Cassandra

Cassandra L.S. Lidgerding
Technical Communicator