Re: Is Grammer Important?

Subject: Re: Is Grammer Important?
From: Penny Staples <pstaples -at- AIRWIRE -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 12:11:18 -0500

There's much much more to creating effective documentation than using good
grammar. But I think bad grammar can reduce a document's effectiveness. Or,
more to the point, lack of control over your grammar -- as John Wilcox
pointed out, it's fine to use bad grammar if you have a good reason, and
you're doing it on purpose.

To be a Technical Writer, you need to know how your language works. Grammar
is part of this knowledge. It's a necessary tool.

Penny Staples
pstaples -at- airwire -dot- com