Re: FrameMaker 5.5 PostScript to PDF Using Acrobat Distiller

Subject: Re: FrameMaker 5.5 PostScript to PDF Using Acrobat Distiller
From: Gail Gurman <gail -at- HOMEMAIL -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 12:13:49 -0700

mm> Good day Techwhirlers,
mm> This is my first post after lurking for about nine months. I am looking
mm> for a solution to a problem that is plaguing my system. Here is the
mm> scenario:
mm> I composed a couple of documents in FrameMaker 5.5 and attempted to
mm> Distill them to PDF using Acrobat Distiller 3.01. I had successfully
mm> distilled several documents prior to the documents that began giving me
mm> the problems I am presently experiencing -- but now, I am getting this
mm> error message from Distiller:
mm> %%[Error: undefined; OffendingCommand: FmPA]%%.
mm> Stack:
mm> /G511227
mm> 4187
mm> 2663

mm> This is Sanskrit to me.
mm> I can distill documents produced on somebody else's copy of FrameMaker,
mm> but I cannot distill my own documents. It must be some setting that I
mm> have somehow lost-- but I don't know how I lost this setting. I haven't
mm> changed any settings that should have set this off.
mm> I get random messages telling me that my font information has changed.
mm> Are these two items related? I need to make four more PDFs within the
mm> next couple of days, and I really need some sort of solution to this
mm> problem. Does anyone have a few answers for this problem?

I had this exact problem. I also had another problem. The following
two solutions will solve these problems, though I don't remember
which solves which. Still, both need to be done.

You need to get out your Frame 5.5 CD and use it to install the
Adobe printer drivers. You need to (1) replace your normal printer
driver with the Adobe version and (2) use the Acrobat Distiller
printer driver when you convert your document.

If you do both of these things, your problem will be solved.

Good luck!

--
Gail Gurman http://www.wco.com/~gailg/
gail -at- homemail -dot- com