Ventura to PDF

Subject: Ventura to PDF
From: "KAHN, DEBRA" <DEBRAK -at- FTC1 -dot- AEI -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 22 May 1998 10:45:01 -0500

Please help me!

For our corporate intranet I want to be able to convert legacy Ventura 4.2
manuals to PDF format. When I "print to file" within Ventura and then try to
convert that file (which I gave an ".eps" extension) to PDF using Adobe
Distiller, I get an error message in the log: "OffendingCommand: )" When I
try a "print to file" when the Adobe PDFWriter is chosen as a printer and
then try to bring the "PDF" up in Exchange, I get an error about Type 1
Postscript fonts.

Has anyone tried this before? If so, how did you succeed? Anyone have any
advice?

I work on a PC with Windows NT 4.0. I am using Adobe Acrobat 3.01. My
printer is an HP LaserJet 6P/6MP. We are doing newer manuals in Frame 5.5.

Please e-mail me personally at debrak -at- ftc1 -dot- aei -dot- com or wileycon -at- aol -dot- com Any
help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you
Debra Kahn
Advanced Energy Industries, Inc.
Fort Collins, CO USA

PS: Sorry I missed the Wednesday lunch in Anahiem. I had an early flight
out!