Re: Online docs in your portfolios

Subject: Re: Online docs in your portfolios
From: The Tech Writer <techwrtr -at- CRL -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 22 May 1998 09:33:21 -0700

I put together a .hlp file that links to all of my online stuff (other
.hlp files, multimedia .exe files, programs that I've written, etc.), and
then put them all on a diskette. I create a custom label for each
diskette, with the name of the company I am interviewing at, and, if
possible, the date of the interview. It's that extra touch that shows
that I'm indeed interested in the company, and that it is more than "just
another interview."

I'm planning to buy a CD-R drive in the next 6 months, since they've come
down in price, and will put my next portfolio on CD-ROM (I won't be
looking for a while, though; I'm happy where I am now). It'll allow me
to put some of my bigger online documents into my porfolio (not much can
fit on 1.44MB!). Stick to one piece of media (medium?) if at all possible.

Another option is to put them all on a web site. It'll give you a chance
to show off all of your HTML skills (only appropriate, of course, if you
*have* HTML skills! :-). It'll also allow them to download what most
interests them.

-David Castro
techwrtr -at- crl -dot- com