Single-Source HTML: Anything new?

Subject: Single-Source HTML: Anything new?
From: Matt Danda <mdanda2 -at- YAHOO -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 26 May 1998 06:53:57 -0700

Hello:

Can you single-source HTML and Word documents...using HTML as the
source document?

(I apologize for resurrecting this thread--but tools change so
quickly....)

We want to use MS-Frontpage for source documents and convert them to
nice printable Word documents as needed.

After searching the TECHWRL database for "single-source HTML," I came
across Lee Bumgarner's detailed summary dated August 1996. Since then
I have purchased HTML Transit, which works well enough going from Word
to HTML.

But what about going from HTML to Word?

In my current organization, options such as Frame and SGML are not
available. I have been doing the HTML-to-Word conversions manually.
While I have no problem doing this, because *I* know how to do it
properly, others in the department would like an automated solution.
Am I accurate in saying that the technology to quickly go from HTML to
Word is not there yet?

Thanks * 1000,
Matt

==
Matthew Danda
Technical Writer in Software Development
Orlando, Florida

Non-dairy creamer is flammable. Don't ask how I know.