Re: Proofreading Everything Under the Sun

Subject: Re: Proofreading Everything Under the Sun
From: "M. Hunter-Kilmer" <mhunterk -at- BNA -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 26 May 1998 11:01:24 -0500

Gina Hertel <Ghertel -at- ALPHA88 -dot- COM> wrote an impassioned plea against
having TWs proofread everything, and I agree with most of it.
However . . .

> 4.) Who wants to do nothing all day but be a wordsmith, cleaning up
> after consultants and filing their papers electronically?

Actually I think that would be kind of entertaining. Tastes differ,
you know. So I wouldn't use that as an argument to management. :-)

Anyway, as several people have pointed out, a TW is not necessarily a
proofreader or editor, and TWs tend to be more expensive than either.

Melissa Hunter-Kilmer
mhunterk -at- bna -dot- com
(standard disclaimer)