Info on hiring contract technical illustrators

Subject: Info on hiring contract technical illustrators
From: "Hutchings, Christa" <cwhutchings -at- HOMEWIRELESS -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 26 May 1998 13:17:50 -0400

Hi gang -

I'm getting ready to start shopping for 1 or 2 contract illustrators to
support our fledgling tech pubs effort. I've never needed to hire
illustrators before (always had them already on staff) and would
appreciate hearing some advice on what to look for or be on guard
against. I'd be interested in hearing your good and bad experiences,
both as a hiring authority and as a contract illustrator.

Also, can anyone recommend a good source for illustrators in the Atlanta
area?

Thanks in advance!

Chris Welch-Hutchings
Sr. Technical Writer