Re: Employment Agencies - Technical Communication Specific

Subject: Re: Employment Agencies - Technical Communication Specific
From: John Posada <john -at- TDANDW -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 27 May 1998 09:57:00 -0400

Tracy Boyington wrote:

> John Posada wrote:
>
> > Besides, as a prospective reader of your resume, I don't care what YOU
> > want. I want to know what are you going to do for me, and giving a job to a
> > rookie isn't going to do much for me right now.
>
> So... since the objective is typically an "I want" statement, what
> should you use instead? Or should you eliminate the objective
> altogether?

How 'bout something like:

Seeking a writing position where an employer can benefit from my skills
developed from previously held highly competive, deadline-driven,
customer-oriented assignments.

(This is off-the-cuff, I would fix the wording.)

Say anything you want, just GET THEIR ATTENTION RIGHT OFF THE BAT.

--
John Posada, Technical Writer (and proud of the title)
The world's premier Internet fax service company: The FaxSav Global