Can WORD 5.5 files open up in Word 7 correctly?

Subject: Can WORD 5.5 files open up in Word 7 correctly?
From: Kristen Lorenz <klor -at- INTFACE -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 27 May 1998 10:21:48 -0400

Hi,

I tried searching the archives but I couldn't find the exact answer.

I have some WORD 5.5 files that, when opened in Word 7, are unformatted.
The font is all in courier new 10pt and graphics are messed up.

Is there a fix I can download from Microsoft (I checked their website
but maybe I overlooked it)? Is there anything I can do so I don't have
to reformat everything by hand?? I need to send 2 documents
electronically to someone who needs them for a training course. These
are old docs (from '94).

If anyone has knows what to do - please let me know!

Thanks in advance,

Kristen
klor -at- intface -dot- com