Re: Employment Agencies - Technical Communication Specific

Subject: Re: Employment Agencies - Technical Communication Specific
From: "Hutchings, Christa" <cwhutchings -at- HOMEWIRELESS -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 27 May 1998 10:16:32 -0400

I don't even clutter up my resume with an "Objective" statement. I put a
"summary of skills" at the top of my resume instead. As a prospective
hiring authority myself, I'm more interested in a person's
qualifications (like John Posada said, "what can you do for me"), not in
what the candidate wants. I can find out what they want during the
interview.

Of course, if you have no real world experience as a TW yet, that option
might be tricky. I would still leave off the "I want..." stuff, though,
and just go straight to listing your educational background, special
(Tech Comm related) projects you handled in school, internship info,
etc.

Chris Welch-Hutchings
Sr. Technical Writer
Home Wireless Networks, Inc.