Re: How can I go from FM to EPS?

Subject: Re: How can I go from FM to EPS?
From: Jay Anderson <janderso -at- KAVOURAS -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 27 May 1998 10:48:11 -0500

On Tue, 26 May 1998 at 16:12:30 -0400, you wrote:

> Subject: How can I go from FM to EPS?

> Again, I turn to my learned colleagues when the TECHWR-L archives are
> unable to resolve my query.
>
> I have been asked by upper management to find out if we can provide
> encapsulated postscript files to our print shop. I have no problems
> generating Adobe 3.0 postscript files from my FrameMaker 5.5 source, but
> I am stumped on how to output an EPS file (if it is even possible).
>
> If anyone knows of a way that I can convert my Frame files into EPS
> (preferably free of charge), I would be very grateful. I am running
> Frame 5.5 under Win95 on a Pentium 2 300, with 64Mb RAM.

Paul -

Sorry for the slow response, I get the TECHWR-L Digest.

I believe that there is an easy way to do this, but not being
familiar with Frame this may or not be real easy.

From the Windows 95 Start menu, select Settings -> Printers.
From the Printer window, select Add New Printer.
Install a PostScript printer (I use a HP 4M/4MV PostScript, but any
PostScript printer should do).
Follow installation wizard instructions.
Select the just installed printer.
Right click -> Properties.
Select PostScript tab.
Set PostScript output format to Encapsulated PostScript(EPS).
Select Details tab.
Set Connection type to FILE:
Apply and OK to Exit.

Print to this printer from Frame.

One caveat, you may need to print each page to a separate file as not
all applications can deal with a multi-page EPS file. Check with your
print shop.

> Calvin: "Why do tigers need tails?"
> Hobbes: "Gee, I'm not really sure. I guess just because they look good."
> Calvin: "So it's sort of a necktie for your butt?"

Good sig {8^).

Thanks,
Jay
(Standard Disclamer...)