Re: re Pros and Cons of including writer's name

Subject: Re: re Pros and Cons of including writer's name
From: John Posada <john -at- TDANDW -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 29 May 1998 10:30:38 -0400

> If I don't trust or respect the work of the other folks on my team, I think
> I've got bigger problems than whether my name is on the book or not.

Karl...

That's a very noble sentiment.

However, when you have a diverse group of people doing something, a
minority number of them will be very good at it, the majority will be OK
at it, and between you, me, and 4,000 other readers, a minority of them
will be blithering idiots.

That's a contributing factor of why some people move to management, most
don't, and some people get fired.

You know who they are, regardless of whether or not your ideals will
allow you to acknowledge that you can feel that way.

--
John Posada, Technical Writer (and proud of the title)
The world's premier Internet fax service company: The FaxSav Global