RoboHelp 6.0

Subject: RoboHelp 6.0
From: Hope Cascio <hope -dot- d -dot- cascio -at- US -dot- ARTHURANDERSEN -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 29 May 1998 11:52:32 -0400

<rant>

I strongly agree with Hsuan-min Chou's (hchou -at- interaccess -dot- com) statement:

on a related note [steps up to soapbox!], i find it fairly repugnant that
Blue-Sky would release two major versions of RH in a 7 month period (RH 5.0
in October, RH 6.0 in May, not to mention the bug-fixing RH 5.5 in-between)
thereby insuring that people purchase the subscriber plan to keep up w/ the
unusually quick succession of releases/bug fixes. not even Microsoft is
this greedy. of course, people don't need to upgrade, but considering 5.0's
stability (and lack thereof), it's almost required!

We've had a LOT of problems with RH 5.5, don't have the subscriber plan,
and are pretty much stuck. I have a back and forth correspondence with
Blue-Sky a mile long, trying to solve the problems we've encountered. Does
anyone know who I could address my complaints to at Blue-Sky? I've gotten
limited usefulness from their support people's responses, and no Big
Picture solution.

</rant>

Hope Cascio