Windows NT

Subject: Windows NT
From: John Prince <prince1 -at- WEBTV -dot- NET>
Date: Sat, 30 May 1998 09:47:37 -0500

I was finally able to convince my boss (with the help from IS) to
purchase a 9.3 gig hard drive for me. He was in such a good mood I also
talked him in to getting me a Ditto drive. ;-)

Anyway, I will be re-installing my OS. I currently use Win95 and am
fairly happy with it. However, I am considering installing Window NT
5.0. I work at a software developing firm and use it quite a bit on
test machines, so I realize its advantages. But . . . I've heard some
stories that it somewhat limited to the applications it can run.

I mostly use Frame, Word, Acrobat, Corel Draw, Illustrator, Hijaak,
RoboHelp, PageMaker, Visio, and Authoware.

To those of you that have NT and use these applications . . . have you
had any trouble?

Any other pros and cons of 95 and NT would be duly appreciated.

Thanks!

John
http://members.tripod.com/~princej/DC.html (The Great Dallas Cowboys)