Re: IMAGES/SCREENS

Subject: Re: IMAGES/SCREENS
From: Louisa Craviotto <louisa -dot- craviotto -at- AUTODESK -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 1998 14:47:07 -0700

You have run into a known problem in Word 97 that is referred to as
the "Red X" problem. This fortunately can be resolved by obtaining the
Word Service Release 1 (SR-1) patch. I found the information below
from the Microsoft Knowledgebase.

This problem occurs most often with inserted bitmap (.bmp) files or
pasted graphics. Note, however, that this behavior may also occur with
other graphics formats.

Word uses either a red "X" or a general picture (a circle, square, and
triangle) to represent any graphic or picture it cannot display. Word
will not be able to display corrupted or damaged graphics or may
lose picture data in low memory or low resource situations.

RESOLUTION

In most cases, you can resolve this problem by upgrading to Microsoft
Word Service Release 1 (SR-1).

Subject: IMAGES/SCREENS
Author: Sudhin U Bhobe <sudhin -at- ICODEINDIA -dot- SOFT -dot- NET> at INTERNET
Date: 6/2/1998 3:14 AM

------ =_NextPart_000_01BD8DD4.9E9092E0

I am having a very strange problem with the images and screen shots that
I have saved and embedded into my Word Document. I captured the screens
using SNAPSHOT and converted them to gif using ADOBE'S PHOTOSHOP.
Finally I used the INSERT/PICTURE/FROM FILE option provided with Word.

The screens have huge red cross marks all across them. The running text
is intact. Only the pictures seem to go awry and have these strange red
cross marks. Any ideas. I am at my wits end. Is it because Word cannot
handle a huge file size?

This is what is seen...............

Sudhin U. Bhobe
Icode Software Inc.
sudhin -at- icodeindia -dot- soft -dot- net
0091-80-6610493

------ =_NextPart_000_01BD8DD4.9E9092E0--