Re: Online docs on mainframe

Subject: Re: Online docs on mainframe
From: David Warren <David -dot- Warren -at- NEXTEL -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 1998 12:17:20 -0400

Howdy!

I recall, back in the old days when IBM paid contractors a living
wage, that IBM developed (and perhaps marketed) a tool called
"BookManager." The purpose of this tool was to develop and integrate
online help with the Script/GML tagged text used in BookMaster, a
mainframe-based publications system.

BookManager supposedly could generate CD-ready files, and, I assume,
read them as well. Perhaps a web search for the keyword "BookManager"
would yield more current links.

Good Luck!

David T. Warren
Publications Manager, Nextel Communications ESD

Subject: Online docs on mainframe
Author: Jill Spealman <jspealman -at- UNITECHSYS -dot- COM> at INTERNET
Date: 5/27/98 10:31 AM

Hello,
Does anyone know how to go about viewing FrameMaker docs in the MVS
mainframe environment? I can't imagine what this would end up looking like,
but I'm getting requests for it. I do have the Frame docs already converted
to PDF and sitting on CD, but many of my users have only mainframe and no
CD access.

I'm on digest version, so if you have any clues please respond to me
directly at jspealman -at- unitechsys -dot- com

Thanks,
Jill Spealman
Technical Writer
Unitech Systems, Inc.