Senior Tech Writer position: OSI, Folsom, CA

Subject: Senior Tech Writer position: OSI, Folsom, CA
From: Mark Dempsey <mxd2 -at- OSI -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 1998 10:25:25 -0700

This is to announce an opening for a Senior Tech writer at Objective
Systems Integrators in Folsom, CA. I'm guessing the salary would be in
the mid 40's, but don't know for certain.

If you want to compare your salary at some out-of-state location try
this link (use Sacramento if Folsom doesn't appear):
http://www2.homefair.com/calc/salcalc.html

OSI makes mesaging software that manages large networks (ATT, MCI,
TelMex, etc.). You would replace the writer who documents the
"framework" product. We use Frame (5.5.2) on UNIX and PC's. OSI's
software uses Oracle, Informix, and Syquest, so some familiarity with
SQL and those databases would be helpful, but is not absolutely
necessary.

For more company info, visit the OSI website at http//:www.osi.com. You
probably won't see this job announced there because I know about it
before H.R. does, before the requisition's signed, etc.

This is to replace a writer leaving in two weeks, and will not permit
more than intermittent telecommuting. In other words, you'll have to
live in Folsom, or in the Sacramento area (the 'burbs). I doubt we can
wait to sponsor out-of-country writers, but don't know for sure.

You're welcome to send your resume through me (ASCII, pdf, or word is
OK), and I'll forward it to H.R. While I get a spiff for referring
people, you get someone interested in insuring the hiring boss sees
your resume.

I love working for this company, and with the department. They are hands
down the best tech writing people I've ever worked with, and I've worked
with a lot. Frankly, I think the guy you'd be replacing is nuts to
leave...but then he didn't ask me.

Regards,

-- mailto:Mark -dot- Dempsey -at- osi -dot- com
--
-- Mark Dempsey
-- Technical Publications