Help index prob. going from RH4 to RH5.5

Subject: Help index prob. going from RH4 to RH5.5
From: Elizabeth Kane <bkane -at- ARTISOFT -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 1998 11:52:06 -0700

Hello,
I'm desperate to find a solution to a RoboHELP problem. I've
already posted a message to robolist, but haven't gotten any
called Blue Sky and got nowhere. (BTW, they usually do solve my RH
problems quickly.)

The problem is that I'm using RH 5.5 to edit a huge multi-project
help project that I developed in RH 4. When I change a topic name
or index entry, it shows those entries listed differently in the
index -- with colons.

This style in itself may not be bad, but regenerating doesn't
automatically change all the other index entries to this new style.
They're still in there, with commas separating level 1 and 2 index
entries. So now I have a mixture of index styles, and makes the
new-style index entries appear out of alphabetical order! This
cripples usability.

What I'm really looking for is a way to _automatically_ make all
the index entries consistent, with either colons OR commas. If I
have to go into every document and make changes to every index
entry one by one, it will take too long, as this project contains
31 doc files within 15 separate Help projects, which are linked by
the master contents setup.

If the fix can only be done manually in every doc file, I may have
wasted my money buying RH 5.5. I'll have to go back to RH 4. Far as
I'm concerned, if there's no easy workaround, this is a MAJOR BUG.

Thanks so much for your help,

Beth Kane
Senior Technical Writer
Artisoft, Tucson