Re: "Home" page -Reply

Subject: Re: "Home" page -Reply
From: John Eldard <JEldard -at- VINCA -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 1998 15:09:52 -0600

I'm looking for a VERY up-to-date site. An interactive site that a lot of people visit and one that gets updated daily, if not hourly, with new product and book info and news of our field. Most of the sites are specific to a Chapter, function, or product. As I originally said. This would consume a lot of a resource 's time. thanks for all the suggestions!

John Eldard
Technical Writer
Vinca Corporation

Check out my technical book reviews at
http://users.itsnet.com/~wordesign

>>> Bill Sullivan <bsullivan -at- email -dot- exide -dot- com> 06/04 2:43 PM >>>
>I would like a home page (start page) similar to what the browsers
offer, =
only specific to technical communication. From it would be all the =
resource links, latest tech comm news, books, etc. This would be a lot of
=
work for someone, but I just thought I'd express my desire. Any
comments? =
Anything similar out there to what I want?

You might look at Cnet -- http://www.cnet.com/

Go also to the STC site http://www.stc.org and look for a chapter site
that suits you. For my "home" site, I use the San Diego Chapter site -- you
can find it under Region 8, or just type
http://www.stc.org/region8/sdc/www

Other sites in the areas of online help and usability come to mind, if one
of those subjects is your focus.

Bill Sullivan
Exide Electronics
San Diego