Re: Subject: Newsletter guidelines?

Subject: Re: Subject: Newsletter guidelines?
From: Marci Abels <mabels -at- CSIKS -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 1998 08:50:20 -0500

Patty,

It would depend on the purpose of your employee newsletter. When I
worked on the employee newsletter at my last job, we did a survey at our
regular company meeting and asked what they wanted. Turned out that the
folks who were reding it wanted the birth/death/wedding announcements,
as well as little notices about accomplishments for them and their
children. We did some recipes, and employment anniversaries, department
news, corporate news, and even some local news. We talked about what our
people were doing to improve their jobs. We talked about the teams: who
joined, what the were trying to accomplish and what got done. The
newsletter wasn't what we envisioned when we started the thing, but it
was something that provided what the readers wanted - news about their
job, their company, and their co-workers. First - ask them.

Marci Abels
CSI

--------------------------------------
From: Patty Ewy <pewy -at- MIDCOM-INC -dot- COM>
Subject: Newsletter guidelines?

Hi all--

They've recently moved the employee newsletter here from HR to me. In
doing so, they are hoping to try for a more professional angle with the
newsletter ... no more recipes, no more cute little blind items about
"what is it that has put the sparkle in Carrie Smith's (Shift 1, Line
Leader) eyes? Could it be that new engagement ring we see on her
finger?!? Congrats Carrie!"

[shudder ...]

Still, I'm getting lots of questions about what is and what is not
acceptable fodder for this beast. Weddings? Nah, I don't think so.
Births? None of those either. Deaths? Only if it is an employee ...

Has anyone else been saddled with the employee newsletter, and have a
set of guidelines of what is included? I will create my own if need be,
but would rather not reinvent the wheel.

Thanks!

Patty Ewy
Marketing Communications
pewy -at- midcom-inc -dot- com