Another term for GUI

Subject: Another term for GUI
From: Kathy Ellis <kathy -at- TIBINC -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 1998 08:39:33 -0700

Anyone know another term for GUI? My company creates software
that is not exactly bleeding edge stuff. Now that they've decided to
include things like color and icons to their screens, every product
is named GUI-This and GUI-That.

In my opinion, the term GUI became obsolete when Microsoft copied
Apple and wrote Win95. Anyone else feel that it's a dated term? Since
most of these programs use NT or Win95, I think Windows-based is
a better term (although I hate to acknowlege the Evil Empire). Maybe we
should call the older programs non-GUI and really make things sticky!
(Sorry, couldn't avoid the pun on a Friday!)

Thanks!