Re: large-scale CORBA deployment

Subject: Re: large-scale CORBA deployment
From: Chris Hamilton <chamilton -at- GR -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 1998 18:42:05 -0500

Julian--

I'd start with the API references first. That allows you to cut your teeth on
something relatively easy to document while you learn the rest of the product.
You can look in the archives for information about structuring API references;
I know it's come up before. It sounds as if you're going to need an
administration guide and at least one developer's guide.

You may also have to go into ORBs and what they are a little bit. CORBA's
something that isn't well known by tons of people. In fact, I'd work on
learning about ORBs while you're starting the API references, if you don't
already know about them. If you come up with a good reference, please let me
know. I'm interested in finding one.

And get ready to increase your salary, 'cause CORBA seems to be an
up-and-coming thing that'll look just wonderful on your resume.

Chris