Shooting from the hip

Subject: Shooting from the hip
From: Debbie Stewart <Debbie_Stewart -at- SIECOR -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 1998 08:26:08 -0400

Ralph makes a very good point. Perhaps it is the stress many members of the
list are under,

or it is the medium in which this list is under. Whatever. But because we
do not have face-to-face

communication, I think that we all need to be more considerate of each
other. If you are not posting something of

value as a response - please keep the sarcastic, opinionated, vitriolic,
acrimonious, caustic, cryptic, or critical commentaries

to yourself. This list is subscribed to by thousands of very knowledgeable,
intelligent, humorous, and professional people;

let us all keep our responses in the same realm. If your response is from
the hip, without humor, or constructive value, please do not post

it and take up our time and make some else's day as miserable as your day
is. If your are having a bad day, share it with us and we will humor

you - but don't shoot us. Just because society in general is getting rude
and nasty, let's leave it on the streets and not on this list.

Thanks - Debbie

Ralph commented:
<<<Yesterday I posted, what I thought to be a valid warning, about a
virus that had been broadcast throughout my employer by one of the IS
management staff who is perceived to be _extremely_ knowledgeable re
computer systems etc. Little did I know that it was a hoax.
I would like to commend Marie Paretti, Lisa Comeau and Thompson for
their kind explanation of how I had erred. Others, however, offered
only vitriolic flames.
To the members of the list, I apologize for the message and any
inconvenience it caused you. I only meant to assist.
Ralph E. Robinson>>>

thanks again,
Debbie Stewart
Lone Tech Writer
Siecor Operations, LLC
Hickory NC
704-327-5143
debbie -dot- stewart -at- siecor -dot- com

Standard disclaimers go here. . . . . .