Re: Another Term for GUI

Subject: Re: Another Term for GUI
From: Melonie Holliman <mrh -at- ABMDATA -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 1998 08:03:24 -0500

Howdy,

I have experienced the exact same situation at my current job. I work for
a backward industry. We still have our character-based system out there.

We emphasize "Windows-based" instead of GUI (mainly because our
industry tends to be computer illiterate) while our old product is
"character-based". Also, this sets us apart from our competitors since
their product is just a GUI front-end on a character-based product.

Melonie Holliman
The Tech Writer
ABM Data Systems, Inc.
Austin, TX