Help with Frame-to-Word translation

Subject: Help with Frame-to-Word translation
From: Kathy Graden <kgraden -at- MAIL -dot- DANCRIS -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 1998 07:00:53 -0700

Can anyone recommend software that allows you to translate FrameMaker Files
to MS Word without losing text formatting and graphics?

I use FrameMaker to develop the newsletter for a chapter of STC. One of
the companies that sponsors activities for this chapter has volunteered to
take over the printing and mailing of the newsletter; but they are
insisting that the newsletter must be in MS Word so that they can use
MailMerge to add members' addresses instead of printing separate mailing
labels.

I don't want to have to develop the newsletter in Word. I love and rely on
the flexibility of FrameMaker, and using Word in its place would make my
job a lot harder. I've also put a lot of work and time into developing the
newsletter layout and creating a FrameMaker template, and having to scrap
all that and start over in Word would make me less than a happy camper.

Does anyone know of any tool that would let me continue to create the
newsletter in Frame, then convert it to a Word file without losing much or
any of the original formatting ro graphics?