NT font problems

Subject: NT font problems
From: Sandy Dryer <sdryer -at- SCTCORP -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 1998 12:02:52 -0400

Thanks to all who responded last week to my problems getting Adobe fonts
to work on NT.

Actually, for those of you who told me that I wouldn't be able to get the
fonts to work under NT unless I bought the NT package -- I was able to
get all the fonts to work just by installing them through the control
panel, as some of the rest of you suggested.

That is, all except one picture font, with a symbol of a little pointing
hand, that we were using in an autotext (I can't tell you now whether it
was Wingdings or Zapf Dingbats, because now when I look at our old
documents, even on a 95 machine, it stubbornly insists that it's Arial).
The hand was replaced everywhere with a little symbol looking like a piece
of paper with writing on it.

After getting the rest of the fonts to work, I did buy the Adobe NT package
and installed it, but that didn't help me with this particular font.

I've already decided that we won't be using the hand anymore - but if
anyone has ideas about what is causing this, I'm still curious. Thanks for
all your help.

Sandy