Re: Style and Brevity in steps (long)

Subject: Re: Style and Brevity in steps (long)
From: Shannon White <shannonwhite -at- YAHOO -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 1998 12:52:06 -0700

In the spirit of clear communication, I try to make statements like
these into 2 short steps so that the reader who won't go beyond the
first few words actually sees them all.

Ex:

1. Align sights on the target.

2. Squeeze trigger.

That makes both steps apparent, and also cuts the word count from 11
to 7. Gore would be proud.

http://www.raycomm.com/techwhirl/books.htm