Re: periods inside quotation marks?

Subject: Re: periods inside quotation marks?
From: Janice Gelb <janiceg -at- MARVIN -dot- ENG -dot- SUN -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 1998 09:09:21 -0700

Shannon:

Piece of advice number 1, change your house style so button
names don't have to go inside quotation marks!

Piece of advice number 2, make it your house style that you
don't have to include ellipses that appear next to a button
name when you are referring to the button in text.

If number 1 doesn't work, I would put the period outside
the quotation marks, since this is not a quotation but a "name"
of something.

-- Janice