Re: per diem

Subject: Re: per diem
From: Marilynne Smith <marilyns -at- QUALCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 1998 10:03:03 -0700

The job shop is wrong. Don't sign the contract until you hear what the
rest of us have to say. I will send you the email I saved from the last
time we discussed this.

Marilynne

At 12:26 PM -0400 6/9/98, Barbara Karst-Sabin wrote:
>Hope this isn't considered off topic, but I'm looking for some guidance on
>"per diem" for contract writers working at a site away from their home area.
>
>The job shop which called me says that it's simply that 50% of your salary is
>not taxable. Can this be correct?
>
>Is it not reported on your W2/1099?
>
>Is it really up to half your salary and you better keep receipts?
>
>Never done this before, but it sounds like a good way to do some travelling if
>it wouldn't mean taking a finacial drubbing.
>
>Any advice/info would be greatly appreciated.
>
>BJ

Marilynne Smith marilyns -at- qualcomm -dot- com
Sr. Technical Writer (619) 651-6664
QUALCOMM AE-203B
"We'll have the whole world talking"