Re: Salary Survey from STC

Subject: Re: Salary Survey from STC
From: "Taylor, Steve" <steve -dot- taylor -at- ALLEGIANCETELECOM -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 1998 13:10:22 -0500

Original comments below...my response.

Chart 3 indicates an average national contracting rate of 48.50. The average
person works 2008 hours a year. That is $97,388. If that's low, I am doing
something wrong.

Dallas has an average figure of $41, but we have a lower standard of living
cost that east coast or west coast. That is $82328 per annum. There are no
tech writers I know that make that kind of money. There are probably some
web masters/programmers making that...but.

Steve Taylor
Consultant for Technical Directions, Inc.
On location at:
Allegiance Telecom, Inc.
Dallas, TX
(214) 853-7182
steve -dot- taylor -at- allegiancetelecom -dot- com
http://www.alegiancetele.com