My last word on rates, for now...

Subject: My last word on rates, for now...
From: Ron Sering <sering -at- ECENTRAL -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 1998 10:46:39 -0600

I have followed the discussion about rates with interest, and appreciate
all of the input. But one aspect of this troubles me:

- The number of people who actually respond to the surveys generally
appears to be a small fraction of the actual STC membership, so it would
be no surprise if the data was somewhat less than on-target. So it seems
to me that at least part of the energy expended on this rather lively
debate (don't get me wrong-I like lively debates!) might be better spent
on participating in the surveys when they come around. If everyone
reading this post has participated, that's good, but I suspect that is
not the case.

So....the next time your local chapter or the national chapter contacts
you to contribute to a survey, fill out the form. It will help all of us
set rates or negotiate salaries. Also, if the current survey figures are
on the low side for some areas, then more accurate data will reflect
that, and we'll all make more $$$!!!

- Ron