Re: FW: Humor vs. Tech Pubs -Reply

Subject: Re: FW: Humor vs. Tech Pubs -Reply
From: Tracy Boyington <tracy_boyington -at- OKVOTECH -dot- ORG>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 1998 15:36:06 -0500

> But it wasn=27t in a publication, it was in a room full of pimply-faced =
> teenagers in a time when a teacher could give a hug to a suicidal student. =
> I guess I just long for the =22good old days=22...

I don't think it makes a difference. People who find this offensive in
writing will find it equally offensive in person. Anyway, we were
talking about using humor in publications. And this was given as an
example of effective humor. If I made too big a logical jump in assuming
it was meant as an example of the type of humor that might be effective
in a publication, I apologize. But notice I didn't accuse you of cruelty
to animals -- do I get points for that? ;-)

Tracy

Oklahoma Dept. of Vocational & Technical Education
Stillwater, OK, USA
http://www.okvotech.org/cimc/home.htm