Re: Word conditional text problem

Subject: Re: Word conditional text problem
From: Barbara Karst-Sabin <Phillinion -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 22:51:14 EDT

In a message dated 98-06-17 19:42:09 EDT, chamilton -at- GR -dot- COM writes:

<< I'm using Word hidden text (Format>Font, Hidden Attribute) to hide
delimiters I need to do some post processing after I save the file to
HTML. The file in which the delimiters are hidden has text in it that
users replace with real data. For instance, the file has this:

&Title&Insert Title Here&Title&

&Title& is hidden in both cases. The user should highlight "Insert Title
Here" and replace it with the real title--except that the title then
winds up being hidden. Which is bad.

Any suggestions as to how I would get around it? >>

If you really need a descriptive marker at each end of a field like this, why
don't you just use the Insert Field option in Word and enter the hidden
markers before and after the field. That's a pretty straightforward solution,
and the user entered text won't be invisible.

BJ