Treatment

Subject: Treatment
From: robyn <robyn -at- MAIL -dot- GOT -dot- NET>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 21:45:29 -0700

I work for a small subsidiary of a large company. While their Program
Managers are sent to conferences almost monthly, my two requests to go
to a conference were ignored. Also, I know that they're not competitve
salary-wise. I'm not trying to find a new job, but what I am trying to
do is to find out how Tech Writers are treated at other companies. I
don't feel that the bigger company values its Tech Writers. If you DON'T
feel that way, why? What does your company do to make you feel valued?

I know this seems odd, but I'd like to seek out opportunities to make my
company better, if I can.

Thanks very much!

--
-robyn
home email: robyn -at- mail -dot- got -dot- net