Re: Become a tech writer in only 70 hours

Subject: Re: Become a tech writer in only 70 hours
From: Max Wyss <prodok -at- PRODOK -dot- CH>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 1998 10:36:10 +0200

George,

It is a possibility to have technical writers "accreditation" handled by
the same organization who handles the certification of engineers.

In such a case, the image of the technical writer would become closer to
the engineer. Whether this is good or not so good, I don't know. I wouldn't
mind (being an engineer <g>), but I could imagine that there are many
people who would not be too happy.

And still, the standards would have to be set ... by whom?

Hope, this can help.

Max Wyss
PRODOK Engineering AG
Technical documentation and translations, Electronic Publishing
CH-8906 Bonstetten, Switzerland

Fax: +41 1 700 20 37
e-mail: mailto:prodok -at- prodok -dot- ch or 100012 -dot- 44 -at- compuserve -dot- com

Bridging the Knowledge Gap ...

... with Acrobat Forms ... now for belt drive designers at

http://www.prodok.ch/prodok/riemen.html