Page Layout & Design Books

Subject: Page Layout & Design Books
From: Rowena Hart <rhart -at- INTRINSYC -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 1998 09:54:39 -0700

Hello All,

I'm wondering if anyone on the list uses page layout
and design books to come up with ways to redefine and
refresh the look of their docs? Can you recommend any
titles and authors?

I'm particularly interested in books dealing with print
design or traditional page layout, not Web design
(even though many principles of design for print are
being applied to Web pages). I'd like a book that has
a "workbook" feel, or something that helps the user
generate their own original designs. I'm not interested
in really complex layouts, since my main tools for these
projects will be Word, Power Point and perhaps
FrontPage.

I know that a lot of design books also focus on a goal, such
as producing a newsletter or magazine advertisement. I
need a book that will provide design tips that can be
applied across a range of projects.

Finally, if anyone knows of a good design-tips Web site,
could you please send me the URL?

Thanks in advance,

Rowena

Rowena Hart