Re: UN*X Help

Subject: Re: UN*X Help
From: Scott Miller <smiller -at- CORP -dot- PORTAL -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 1998 12:22:06 -0700

What I meant was that it's OK to write UNIX in casual conversations,
such as email, without legal ramifications. In documentation, trademark
stuff applies to UNIX, you bet. This started way before my time, but the
thinking was that you could get in trouble writing "UNIX" even in
bulletin board or Usenet posts. "Don't write UNIX! They'll come and get
you!" was the idea. At least, that's the story I got from someone who
used to do such things.

- Scott Miller
smiller -at- portal -dot- com