Netscape Composer, MS Publisher, or Word 97?

Subject: Netscape Composer, MS Publisher, or Word 97?
From: Hope Cascio <hope -dot- d -dot- cascio -at- US -dot- ARTHURANDERSEN -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 1998 14:56:40 -0400

Laurel,

I know it wasn't one of the choices you gave, but for something that
simple, I'd recommend you use Notepad. Less opportunties for headaches,
cleaner documents. I've used a couple of the tools you've suggested, with
awful results. And if you decide "down the road" that you'd like to use an
editor, you don't have to redo all of the HTML you've already created. If
you think you can't create a complex site with Notepad, take a look at
mine: http://home1.gte.net/hcascio, particularly the link in the Other
Stuff drop down list to the Unofficial Florida Medicaid HMO site (it's at
http://home1.gte.net/hcascio/flmchmo).

My .02,
Hope Cascio

To: TECHWR-L @ LISTSERV.OKSTATE.EDU
cc: (bcc: Hope D. Cascio)
From: Laurel Nelson <Laurel_Y_Nelson -at- NOTES -dot- SEAGATE -dot- COM>
Date: 06/19/98 01:15 PM

Hi all: I'm going to be creating a web site (my first) for a group of
artists and am hoping that some of you can give me feedback on which tool I
should use--Netscape Composer, MS Publisher, or Word 97. I have all three
on my PC. I prefer to keep my expenses down and don't want to purchase more
software if I don't have to.

The site design is going to be very simple. Each artist will have their
resume online and ten images.

If anyone has used Netscape Composer, MS Publisher, or Word 97 to create a
web site, did you have any browser problems? If anyone is familiar with all
of these tools, which one is the easiest to use?

If, down the road, I want to use another application like FrontPage to
create something more complex, would I have to rebuild the web site
completely if I use Netscape Composer?

Any feedback is most appreciated. Thanks, Laurel