space after list items in FrontPage/HTML

Subject: space after list items in FrontPage/HTML
From: "Phelan, Dianne K" <dianne -dot- k -dot- phelan -at- INTEL -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 1998 17:24:00 -0700

Michael Wing remarked:

>I'll admit that there are some annoying quirks with FP98. I have to
>put an extra return after each numbered or bulleted item in order to
>have a single space between them in the browser.

This is not a FP98 quirk, it is how the HTML is interpreted by your
browser. Many browsers display list items with no space between items.

To force space between list items using FrontPage, select the items and
left-align them. This converts the HTML code

from: <li>Widget</li>

which produces space between the items, as they are now paragraphs and
all browsers that I know of display space after paragraphs.

If you're coding by hand, all you need is:

--Dianne Phelan
dianne -dot- k -dot- phelan -at- intel -dot- com
I speak for myself, not for Intel.