Re: PC hardware requirements for TWs

Subject: Re: PC hardware requirements for TWs
From: Max Wyss <prodok -at- PRODOK -dot- CH>
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 1998 01:15:20 +0200

Sarah,

of course, you can do technical documentation, DTP, Photoshopping with a
166 MHz Pentium with 32 Meg RAM. You simply have to make clear to your boss
that everything will take about 3 to 4 times as long.

You don't say whether you are doing 4-color work for printing. If so, you
may expect crashes with Photoshop, or certain filters are no longer
available.

The processor speed may not necessarily be the big problem, but with 32 Meg
RAM you are definitely below anything recommended.

However, you might be better with a machine having a fruit on its case anyway.

Good luck with your fighting against pointy-hairedness.

Max Wyss
PRODOK Engineering AG
Technical documentation and translations, Electronic Publishing
CH-8906 Bonstetten, Switzerland

Fax: +41 1 700 20 37
e-mail: mailto:prodok -at- prodok -dot- ch or 100012 -dot- 44 -at- compuserve -dot- com

Bridging the Knowledge Gap ...

... with Acrobat Forms ... now for belt drive designers at

http://www.prodok.ch/prodok/riemen.html