Re: Anyone else SPAMMED by roboHELP/blue-sky.com?

Subject: Re: Anyone else SPAMMED by roboHELP/blue-sky.com?
From: Ron Schwarz -- see sig to reply <devnull -at- CLUBVB -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 1998 02:17:34 GMT

On 19 Jun 1998 17:01:01 -0700, abacaxi -at- hotmail -dot- com (Tsu Dho Nimh) wrote:

>Posted here and emailed to:
>karynw -at- mail -dot- blue-sky -dot- com
>melanie -at- mail -dot- blue-sky -dot- com
>billb -at- blue-sky -dot- com
>chrise -at- blue-sky -dot- com SEE HEADERS AT THE BOTTOM!
>maryling -at- blue-sky -dot- com

[...]

> They are permanently off my list of software I will purchase or
>recommend purchasing. They have competition that has not
>spammed, and I have a set of macros that produces the right kind
>of markup if I ever need to do another help file.

FWIW, the absolute best winhelp development software I have *ever* seen is
called HWA (Help Writer's Assistant) from a small outfit in New Zealand. I
tried their shareware version and quickly ordered the pro version. It is
unbelievable (even can decompile an .hlp to usable source!) and very
reasonably priced. I have no connection to them at all (amazon
disclaimer<g>). I used it when I wrote the teaching software for the Delphi
2 Tutor CD for Que. Got very good reviews.

And, they never spammed me. <g>

--
Calling spam "free speech" is like calling rape "unsolicited love" (me)
*Reply to usenet at clubvb.com*

parker_rob chastises me in <ZHHf1 -dot- 69$iu2 -dot- 7753490 -at- gazette -dot- loc1 -dot- tandem -dot- com>:
"You perceive it as 'nutty' because you are thinking from the real world"